From Small World Labs – be sure to tell them you heard about this opportunity from Robert Gilbreath @ Adomatica ->
Account Manager – Online Community
Do you love social media and online communities? Do you love learning new products? Do people tell you that you’re TOO detail-oriented? Do you love communicating with people? Do you love working in a flexible environment with unlimited opportunities for growth and commensurate demands on you? Do you love having to figure new things out, codifying them into a structured plan, and then executing that plan? Have you run your own blog? If so, we have the perfect job for you!
The Account Manager – Community serves as a member of the Small World Lab’s Community Team and reports to the Vice President of Community. This role serves as the account and engagement manager for clients using Small World Labs’ online community platform. The Community Account Manager helps our customers effectively deploy, operate, and promote their online community so that it achieves their organization’s goals. The Community Account Manager is responsible for each assigned customer’s satisfaction with Small World Labs as well as with their community.
* Communicate effectively and develop strong relationships with clients
* Understand and communicate clients’ organizational and online community goals. Make strategy, marketing, messaging, social media and community platform configuration recommendations based on these goals. Implement these recommendations
* Assist with ongoing community engagement activities, such as multi-channel and social media promotion, content editing and development, creating new community areas and driving participation, and measuring results
* Become an expert with our online community platform
* Manage, clarify, verify, and prioritize reported client issues for the Small World Labs support team. Stay on top of issues to make sure they are resolved. Learn to fix easy ones yourself. Pull together resources, to resolve complex issues and keep clients delighted with us and our service
* Clarify product capabilities and conduct client training so they understand the full capability of our platform
* Assist with the implementing new clients, with multiple clients at once, from initial community goals, schedules, and strategies to the configuration of our platform
* Manage projects, including project schedules, pace, input sessions, and milestones Coordinate with clients and 3rd party teams, and lead status meetings with a high attention to details
* Identify opportunities for services and revenue-generating solutions for our clients, keeping a focus on billable work
* A very strong interest and experience in social media, online community, and collaboration solutions
* Possess exceptional communication (written and verbal), critical thinking and analytical skills, with a VERY service-oriented and positive attitude
* Have exceptional time and priority management skills, for yourself and others in the company and with partner’s and client’s organizations
* Be achievement-oriented and motivated to provide superior customer service
* Have knowledge of or an eagerness to learn basic image, HTML, and CSS editing
* Be able to manage multiple initiatives and responsibilities at one time
* Manage and productively cultivate professional relationships across geographic distances
* Author and assemble PowerPoint’s slide decks, word documents, excel spreadsheets
* Create agendas and run meetings effectively
* Have strong logical reasoning skills and the ability to sort through data to draw rational conclusions and advocate for a position
* Be able to promote a strong atmosphere of trust both within Small World Labs and among its clients and partners
* Experience working with non-profits or associations a plus
* Be fluent and proficient in English
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Undergraduate degree required; MBA or graduate degree a plus
* Minimum years of experience: 4 years of software consulting, marketing/advertising agency, or active community management experience
Interested parties, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Community Account Manager” (and tell them you heard about the opportunity from Robert Gilbreath @ Adomatica).
Small World Labs is an experienced provider of an Online Community Platform and Community Engagement Program that enable organizations to connect with their constituents in new ways. We help organizations understand how to engage with members to drive loyalty, create opportunities, ignite conversations, distribute knowledge, and share experiences.