Marketing & Business Development Director
Summary: Marketing & Business Development Director: Financing firm in Austin is hiring. Looking for rock star talent to join our team.
Skills: 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in marketing, with specific experience in marketing and branding campaigns, analytics and metrics, strategy and lead generation. Balanced leadership style, a high level of intellectual agility to set a clear vision, and the willingness to be hands-on and lead by example.
Role: The ideal candidate will be a seasoned and skilled marketing and business development expert with a proven track record of successful campaigns and programs that result in lead generation and increased brand awareness for Far West Capital.
We unleash potential in our clients and each other, to create a well-respected, sustainable finance company where the team can find opportunities for meaningful work that supports their personal and professional growth while providing the means for a high quality of life and financing stability for themselves and their family. This will result in a positive impact for all stakeholders.
Mission: What outcomes will you produce after 12 months at Far West Capital?
The mission of the marketing and business development director is to increase lead generation and direct the marketing efforts at Far West Capital by (1) reporting directly to the CEO and keeping him informed of all lead flow, campaigns, events and other marketing-related activity and ensuring regular communication with the internal and external teams, (2) providing guidance, leadership and support for campaigns and programs and to the internal and external teams on a regular basis, (3) maintaining rhythm, (4) managing expectations and (5) working with the outsourced marketing, PR and social media firm to provide creativity, strategy and innovation with measureable results to each marketing campaign and program.
Job performance will be measured and compensation aligned with the number of new leads in the pipeline, number of new closed won opportunities and dollar amount of new closed/won opportunities.
1) Worked with outsourced marketing, PR and social media agency of record to develop, implement and facilitate annual marketing plan for the company
2) Plan, administer and track the company’s marketing budget
3) Manage relationship with outsourced marketing, PR and social media agency – oversee strategic marketing, social media and PR campaigns
4) Develop trade show production schedule and plan for the year, which includes registering for sponsorships, vending, preparing the booth (with marketing material, SWAG, etc.), attending and staffing shows
5) Oversee business development activities including: manage lead flow analytics, reporting and referral source nurturing
6) Oversee database management quality including, segmentation focus quality, ongoing database scrubbing and ongoing merging of databases with social media outlets including LinkedIn (currently all services are being performed by a contractor)
7) Update the team on upcoming events, campaigns, plans, etc. to keep people informed and motivated
8) Day-to-day customer relations as the main point of contact to provide strategic counsel, convey status, set expectations, manage budget, anticipate needs and adjust plans accordingly, and find solutions to problems. The ability to take the knowledge of a client’s company and suggest other things we can or should be doing to help them achieve their goals.
9) Collaborate and provide feedback to outsourced team of plans, messaging documents, press releases, blogs and company brochures, case studies, etc.
10) Strong ability to analyze results of campaigns and monitor and measure lead flow
• Mastery – Bachelors degree in marketing or related field. 10+ years of marketing experience with a portfolio that reflects it. Two years experience at a director level or five years experience as a marketing manager.
• Analytical Skills ¬– Excellent analytical skills. Must be able to understand and work with marketing performance data and economics, identify trends and react quickly.
• Organization & planning – Must be able to prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects/deadlines. Plans, organizes, budgets and schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
• Intelligence – Strong problem solving skills. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
• Proactive – Resourceful and shows initiative. Has the desire to continuously improve skills and experience and a drive to push new boundaries. Identifies what needs to be done and does it before being asked or before the situation requires it. Keep abreast of marketing trends and competitor offerings.
• Efficiency – Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, entrepreneurial environment. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
• Work ethic – Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
• Attention to detail – Exceptional eye for detail. Ensuring final campaigns and materials are flawless.
• High standards – Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
• Attention to communication – The ability to ensure information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Excellent verbal and written communication.
About Our Team
At Far West Capital, we not only work to help our clients unleash their potential, but also the potential of our incredible team of employees. We hire only the top talent in our industry, and we work hard to keep our employees challenged and inspired. Our work culture is one of transparency, trust, learning, authenticity and confidence.
Who Should Apply?
• Marketing and business development experts interested in a full-time position in Austin, Texas
Company benefits include: Medical plan, dental plan, disability coverage and life insurance offered. Other benefits include 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, paid time-off, and a professional, supportive and comfortable work environment that just so happens to have a fully stocked kitchen and catered meals.
Email your resume including a cover letter describing your alignment with the job mission along with your 2) salary requirements and 3) work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Marketing & Business Development Manager Position.