A recent survey conducted by Retrevo came up with some interesting data regarding the mobile shopping habits as well as other facts on Apple owners.
From the Internet Retailer article:
* IPhone owners tend to shop more with their mobile devices
* Android smartphones are less likely to have landlines
* BlackBerry owners apparently like listening to the radio
In the m-commerce space, “31% of iPhone owners use the Apple Inc. devices to make purchases, compared with 28% of consumers with smartphones that run the Android operating system and 18% of BlackBerry users.”
Full Internet Retailer article: Apple users tend to engage in more m-commerce
IBM has announced the purchase of Netezza, a provider of data warehouse technology. This acquisition comes on the heals of IBM’s purchase of web analytics technology company Coremetrics.
Read an article on this topic here: IBM targets Netezza to build out analytics offerings
Collider Media (Austin) is looking for motivated people who are interested in solving incredibly complex problems in the mobile advertising space. If you are one of these people or know one of these people, They’d love to hear from you. In fact, when a new position at Collider Media opens, they first look at the people who’ve reached out to them.
Collider Media Career page
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs.
We are working with Express search for an Online Merchandising Manager based in Columbus, OH.
* Responsible for translating the knowledge of the target customer into an actionable internet business plan to achieve budgeted sales and profit plans for specified merchandise categories.
* Develop merchandising stories/themes and major product initiatives that align with key category/classification strategies for internet.
* Provide insight into internet performance by category and shopping experience through metrics data.
* Partner with WEB Creative to develop special shop concepts/ideas, page layouts, navigation – shop by feature, shop by style, and shop by collection.
* Responsible for the launch of each site including site roadmap, sequencing, pricing and site accuracy.
* Create up-sell strategies.
* Track and analyze sales information.
* Shops competition to identify opportunities.
* Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
* Experience: 5+ years of related work experience in Internet/Merchandising Buying
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1239 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. ALso be sure to Tell HArry that you heard about the job here on Adomatica! Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.