Kirkus Media is looking for an experienced Marketing Communications Director to lead a dynamic company experiencing fast growth and development. Ideal candidates will be master project managers with 5+ years experience in marketing and a proven history of getting results with press outreach, SEO and PPC initiatives, online advertising, and participation in conferences and events. We’re looking for someone with a natural gift for brand management and spooky mix of organizational/analytical skills and creative vision.
– Carefully manage and maximize the marketing budget
– Manage and enhance Kirkus’ brand
– Develop and execute the company’s media relations strategy
– Plan and organize Kirkus’ participation in industry events and conferences
– Manage Kirkus’ customer communications programs (customers include magazine subscribers, advertisers, authors, and publishers)
– Plan, execute and manage SEO and PPC campaigns, consistently updating them for optimal results and reporting progress
– Plan and buy all online advertising, including display advertising, email campaigns, and more
– Monitor advertisers’ results and support customers’ campaigns by driving impressions
– Create and execute campaigns and promotions to increase magazine and email newsletter subscriptions
– Manage and mentor marketing associate and interns
– Work closely with features editor to ensure the success of our social media programs, special issues, and promotions
– Collaborate with COO on branding, messaging, and strategy
– Collaborate with COO and Director of Technology on new product launches and other company initiatives
– Monitor and report detailed results on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
– 5+ years marketing experience
– Web skills: SEO expertise, deep understanding of analytics programs (such as Google Analytics), basic HTML knowledge, and comfort with content management systems
– Adobe Creative Suite (esp. Photoshop) skills a plus
– Extreme organization and stellar attention to detail
– Expert communication skills a must
This is a full-time position based in Austin, TX. Benefits include health, dental, vision, 401k, PTO, and more. Please submit your resume and cover letter to Meg Kuehn: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
About Kirkus Media:
Founded in 1933, Kirkus has been an authoritative voice in book discovery for almost 80 years. Kirkus Reviews magazine gives industry professionals a sneak peek at the most notable books being published weeks before they’re released. When the books become available for purchase, Kirkus serves the reviews to consumers in a weekly email newsletter and on Kirkus.com, giving readers unbiased, critical recommendations they can trust.
Kirkus also has a full suite of author services, including Kirkus Indie, a review service for self-publishers, Kirkus Editorial, book editing services for unpublished and self-published authors, and Kirkus Marketing, services that help authors get discovered by consumers as well as industry influencers, such as publishers, agents and film executives. For more information, visit www.Kirkus.com.