“In a world of changing business practices and uncertain futures, Me 2.0 offers practical and proven advice about personal branding from an authority on the matter. In the first book about personal branding written for the millennial generation by a millennial, Dan Schawbel bridges the gap between the current business climate and the progressive best practices of the future. Covering a variety of topics all crafted to improve one’s success in the job market, Schawbel proves that just being in the game is not enough, and that one’s success lies in being ahead of the game.
Some highlights from the book include:
* A proven 4-step process for building a powerful brand (discover, create, communicate, maintain).
* Tips on using social media tools for personal empowerment, confidence building, and professional networking in order to attract jobs directly to you, without applying!
* Tested advice on how to create an online and offline presence for career protection and self-promotion.
* Over 40 expert quotes from leaders including Don Tapscott, Guy Kawasaki, Penelope Trunk, and David Kirkpatrick of Fortune Magazine, among others.
* More than 70 research reports, three personal case studies and examples to give you a broader perspective on the topic.
Bottom line: This is the handbook for surviving and thriving in the digital age.”
Available April 7th, 2009