Academic Superstore, an established international online and catalog retailer specializing in educational products, is looking for a driven, talented individual for the position of Web Designer. We’re a successful, dynamic, entrepreneurially minded company and invite you to explore this exciting opportunity with us.
Did you ever want to work on a fast, flexible, modern e-commerce consumer website where you can quickly put ideas into action? That is what awaits you as a Web Designer. In this role you will be the primary internal resource for developing new page designs and graphics. You will work closely with eCommerce and Marketing, creating wireframes and page designs, and with IT to deliver code-ready pages for implementation.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Interaction design and prototyping
• Guiding the site’s look and feel evolution, including the style guide
• Creating new pages, including landing pages and microsites
• HTML and CSS coding for delivery to IT
• Designing advertising and promotional banners
Our expectation is that you have been designing for an e-commerce site for at least 1-2 years, with skills that span from visual design into development work, but not necessarily into programming. While you may not have managed others in e-commerce, you should be familiar with all of the basic functions that fall under design, production, and publishing for an e-commerce site. Above all, you should have an eagerness to take on new challenges and continually advance the frontiers of web design.
Skills required include:
• Interaction design and protyping for pages, site navigation, and new user applications
• Strong design skills, including Photoshop and/or Fireworks
• Flexibility and talent for balancing multiple projects
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and also include some examples of work where you served as the primary designer. Please also mention that you heard about the job on Adomatica.