5 ways to win with Data for Personalization:
1. Collect the right data -> site level as well a specific user level -> do a better job of listening
2. Be data influenced, not data dictated -> look at the data and decide what to do -> don’t just cherry pick data to support what you’ve already done
3. By above board when it comes to data collection -> best to make it clear what you are collecting and why it benefits your users
4. Move fast with getting personal -> consumer expectations are high -> don’t leave them hanging
5. Identify pain-points -> try to solve them -> doing this at a personal-level equals a big win!
Prioritize and Delegate.
Re-frame Your Thinking.
Schedule your time.
Early bird gets the worm.
Understand what you spend time on.
Pick three large tasks to accomplish each day.
Eat that frog. Do hardest thing first.
Step away from your computer and phone.
7/5/14 was when I last posted.
I’ve been busy:
Stamps.com Buys Austin-based ShipStation
Highland Resources Welcomes ShipStation to Lamar Central
and all of this-> What’s been going on at ShipStation?
On just a slightly more personal note, I also recently launched Spit & Hustle and am using it to “dog food” not only ShipStation, but also the various tools that are now available to entrepreneurs.
Onward and upwards….
#Austin #Ecommerce #Hustle
I love quotes. Maybe too much. Here are 7 motivational Navy Seal sayings that will help you push through and get stuff done.
1. “The only easy day was yesterday”
– every day is a battle and you’ll have to push more tomorrow
2. “Get comfortable being uncomfortable”
– getting used to the pressure is a big part of getting to the big thing
3. “Don’t run to your death”
– grow, yes, but do it in a smart way
4. “Have a shared sense of purpose”
– make sure everyone knows what their role is in achieving goals
5. “Move, shoot, communicate”
– the team needs to be able to effectively handle change together in order to succeed
6. “No plan survives first contact with the enemy”
– the right team doing the right things will be able to adapt when faced with problems
7. “All in, all the time”
– mediocrity and moderation will not get the job done
(Source of list is inc.com)
You may not be an Internet Retailer Top 500 or Next 500 company, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take a play or two from their playbook. Most of the tactics they use are not about having deep pockets. Here’s a list of some things you can do to help increase your site’s conversion rates:
8. Beef up your returns program
7. Add security seals and privacy guarantees
6. Add more shipping options
5. Improve your site search
4. Drive better traffic by improving your paid search, SEO, and Social Media efforts
3. Make site navigation improvements
2. Update product pages
1. Redesign your site
Using a free tool like Google Analytics can tell you great deal about how folks are interacting with your site. Use data gleamed there as a guide to what tactics you want to employee first. Make changes – learn from the data – make more changes – repeat (over and over again)
(Source of list is Internet Retailer)